The software developer Altair is pleased to announce the availability of Embed 2021.0. This latest release includes new features and fixes to various user-reported issues from the previous release, providing an overall more stable experience.
Release Notes Altair Embed 2021.0
The 2021 release includes these highlights:
– STMicroelectronics target support. Target support has been expanded to include the STM32 F103x and H7x devices. The F103x uses the Cortex-M3 core, with a maximum CPU speed of 72 MHz. Some of the H7x devices are dual core and are supported by Embed.
– CAN and Event Capture peripheral support for STMicroelectronics STM32 targets. Embed supports both BxCAN and FDCAN units for all supported STM32 targets. Additionally, numerous diagrams have been added and modified to highlight new features in Embed.
The complete list of new features is in the Release Notes
For more than 30 years, Altair Embed has been a proven tool for model-based firmware development of embedded systems, including motor control, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and vision systems. It provides a visual environment to build and validate reliable embedded systems via simulation or hardware-in-the-loop (HIL). It helps users iterate code faster and improve system efficiency, giving confidence that embedded systems are production ready. Diagrams are automatically converted to highly-optimized and compact code, which is essential for low-cost microprocessors and high-speed sampling rates. The code can be verified, debugged, and tuned with off-line simulation before downloading it to the target microcontroller (MCU).
Altair Embed Training – PWM and ADC Use and Synchronization
This example explains how to use the Altair Embed application to control a PMSM motor in an open loop fashion. This example will focus on the PWM and ADC blocks. For the target we’ll be using the Texas Instruments F28069M launchpad board target, also known as the Piccolo, Teknic M 2310P Low voltage servo motor, and a Texas Instruments DRV 8301 inverter board.
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high performance computing (HPC) and data analytics. Altair enables organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future.
Product: Altair Embed
Version: 2021.0 Build 58
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :www.altair.com
System Requirements: PC *
Size: 1.8 Gb
Windows Operating System
– Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 is required
– 64-bit only
– Intel SSE3 CPU (or compatible)
– For Presto GPU:
– Nvidia CUDA Graphics Card (Compute Capability 2.x/3.x/5.x/6.x/7.0/7.2/7.5) with latest graphics driver, or
– AMD Graphics Card (Hawaii, Tahiti, Pitcairn, Capeverde, Bonaire) with latest OpenCL and graphics drivers
– 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
– 10 GB or more of free hard disk space
Embed supports the following microcontrollers:
– Arduino Leonardo, Mega2560, and Uno
– Raspberry Pi Zero, Zero W, 1A+, 2B+, 2B, 3A+, 3B, 3B+, and 4B series
– STMicroelectronics STM32 F0x, F3x, F4x, F7x, G0x, G4x, H7x, and L4x series
– Texas Instruments C2407, Delfino, F280x, F28xx, F282xx, MSP430, Piccolo, and ARM Cortex M3 series